Chequamegon MTB Festival offers two mass start cross country style race distances geared towards all ability levels. Let the kids in on the fun with the Little Loggers Kids Crit!
We are excited to announce that on Friday / Saturday 100% of all beer proceeds at our event will go back to Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association to support mountain bike education and trail development/maintenance in the Chequamegon area!
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
Location: Great Hall (American Birkebeiner Trailhead)
• 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Bib pickup, Food Trucks, Race Festival
• 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Race Festival, Sponsor & Vendor Expo
• 6:00 p.m. Little Loggers Kids Bike Event #1 at Great Hall (kids are welcome to participate in both kids races on Friday and Saturday if they'd like)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
• 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Bikes can be dropped off and placed in your assigned gate corral at the Cheq 40 start in Hayward
• 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. CHEQUAMEGON 40 bib pickup only at Primary School/Hayward
• 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. SHORT & FAT bib pickup only at Great Hall
• 10:00 a.m. CHEQUAMEGON 40 START at Primary School/Hayward
• 10:00 a.m. SHORT & FAT START at The Great Hall 14875 McNaught Rd, Cable, WI
• 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Finish Festival, Sponsor & Vendor Expo at Great Hall
• 10:45 a.m. Short & Fat First Finisher at Great Hall
• 12:00 p.m. Chequamegon 40 First Finisher at Great Hall
• 1:00 p.m. CHEQUAMEGON 40 PRO/ELITE START
• 2:00 p.m. Short & Fat Awards at Great Hall
• 4:00 p.m. Cheq 40 Awards at Great Hall
• 5:00 p.m. Little Loggers Kids Bike Event #2 at Great Hall
• 6:00 p.m. Bike valet closes at Great Hall
• New - 6:00 p.m. Sawmill Saloon is hosting the CAMBA after party
• 6:00-8:00 p.m. CAMBA Fundraiser followed by live music at Sawmill Saloon
• 6:00-10:00 p.m. Live Music by TBD at Sawmill Saloon
The Chequamegon 40 and Short & Fat courses are usually marked by Labor Day weekend. Those planning to pre-ride the course please note that at the beginning and end of the Chequamegon 40 course the route crosses private land for which we have an easement only on race day. Also sections of the race course are on shared use motorized trails. Those users do not anticipate bicycle traffic on their trails other than race weekend. Caution and courtesy is urged. Some of the grassy trail sections may not be mowed early in the season.
Any questions about the race courses should be directed to the race office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
First, please avoid filling up the local business lots in Hayward with your vehicles. The area businesses will need their parking spaces for their regular customers while you are out cycling from Point A to Point B. In addition please observe all posted restrictions and respect private property access when parking on residential side streets.
Parking lot recommendations in Hayward
> Click here to view the Hayward parking map
• Parking Lot - Fifth St & Wisconsin Ave.
• Hayward Wesleyan Church lot – Hwy 27 & Nyman Ave
• People’s National Bank lot – Second St. & Dakota Ave
• Hayward Primary & Intermediate School lot – Sixth St. & Minnesota Ave
• Hayward City lot – Hwy 63 & Hwy 27
No parking areas in Hayward
• Main St between Railroad St and Wittwer Rd
• East side of Nyman between Main Street & Hwy 27 (it’s a bike lane)
• Please do not leave your vehicles in local business lots during the event
Only rider support vehicles with vehicle passes, race official vehicles, local residents and hunter traffic will be allowed on the following roads from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. during the running of the Chequamegon 40 and Short & Fat events:
Town of Spider Lake
• Telemark Road/Spider Lake Fire Lane from Clear Lake Road north to the town line
• Boedecker Road from the town line east to Spider Lake Fire Lane
• Janet Road from the town line north to Boedecker Road
Town of Lenroot
• Boedecker Road from Northern Lights Road east to the town line
• Janet Road from OO north to the town line
Town of Cable
• Spider Lake Fire Lane from Telemark Road south to the town line
• Randysek Road from the Town of Cable south to SMT 22
These road restrictions have been implemented to increase the safety of the riders during the event.